Orthodontic treatment isn't just for teenagers anymore. In fact, one in five orthodontic patients is now over the age of 21. Adults are turning to orthodontics for various reasons, including:
- Correcting bad bites or malocclusions
- Addressing crowded or spaced teeth
- Relieving jaw pain or pressure
- A desire for a healthier mouth and a confident smile
Today's treatment options offer comfort and aesthetics, with choices like clear, ceramic, self-ligating, lingual, and invisible braces, as well as traditional metal braces.
Adult orthodontics differ from treatment for children and teens in several ways:
- Adults have finished jawbone growth, which may allow for orthognathic surgery.
- Gum or bone loss is more common in adults, making straight teeth essential for gum health.
- Wear and tear on teeth over time can lead to misalignment.
- Many adults seek to complete orthodontic treatment they started as teens.
We understand that adults have unique needs and will provide the appropriate treatment with respect and care. Straight teeth are healthier and boost confidence, and untreated issues can worsen over time.